1 pound of ground beef
1 small chopped onion
1/2 cup hot water
1 15-ounce can of pinto beans
1 15-ounce can of black beans
1 can diced tomatoes and chilis
1 16-ounce container of sour cream
6 large flour or 12 small corn tortillas
1 can enchilada sauce
1 cup grated cheese
1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
- Brown ground beef and onions together and drain off fat.
- Add spices and water and stir for about one minute.
- Drain and rinse beans.
- Stir beans into beef mixture
- Drain tomatoes and chilis and stir into beef and bean mixture.
- Line the bottom of an 13" x 9" casserole dish with tortillas
- Spread one-third of beef mixture onto tortillas.
- Top with one-third of sour cream.
- Sprinkle with one-third of cheese.
- Pour one-third of enchilada sauce over top.
- Add two more similar layers.
- Cover and bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove cover and bake 10 minutes to melt and brown cheese.
- Serve warm.