1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup salsa or picante sauce
2 teaspoons chili powder
2 cups chopped cooked chicken
1/2 cup shredded Monteray Jack or Mexican Blend cheese
6-8 flour tortillas
1 small tomato, chopped
1 green onion, chopped
I used a couple of frozen chicken breasts to make this dish. Simply browned them in a tablespoon of butter and a tablespoon of bacon grease.
Then, I used the Pampered Chef Salad Choppers to cut the hot chicken breasts into chunks. It made fast work of the chopping, speeded up my prep time, and prevented my fingers from burning!
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir soup, sour cream, salsa, and chili powder together in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl, mix chicken, 1 cup of soup mixture, and cheese together to make filling.
- Divide chicken mixture among tortillas, roll one-by-one, and place seam-side down in a 13x9 baking dish.
- Pour remaining soup mixture over filled tortillas.
- Cover baking dish.
- Bake 40 minutes or till enchiladas are hot and bubbling. (I baked for about 30 minutes covered and uncovered for the last 8-10 minutes to reach a rich golden brown.
- Top with tomato and onion and serve with Mexican or Spanish rice and pico de gallo.