This is an adaptation of the Pioneer Woman's Chicken Spaghetti.
3 cups cooked chicken
3 cups cooked Penne pasta
2 Tablespoons butter
1 small red pepper, diced
1small onion, diced
1/2 cup sliced black olives
1 small can mushroom slices
1 small bunch broccoli, steamed
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can low sodium chicken broth
1 cup Velveeta cubes
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
Tony Chachere's Cajun Spice
- Cut up chicken. (I used two left-over grilled chicken quarters and cut into bite-sized pieces with my Pampered Chef Salad Choppers.)
- Melt butter and sauté peppers and onions till onions are translucent.
- Add mushrooms and olives with liquid and boil liquid away.
- Stir peppers, onions, olives, mushrooms, broccoli, and cooked noodles together.
- Add cream soups and stir till noodles are coated.
- Add chunked Velveeta and chicken and stir to mix.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and Cajun seasoning to taste.
- Pour into casserole dish that has been sprayed with vegetable spray.
- Pour chicken broth over all.
- Top with grated cheddar.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.