3 1/2 - 4 cups Pepperidge Farm Stuffing Mix or Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1 1/2 cans or quart jar of spaghetti sauce
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 (16-ounce) packages mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/2 teaspoon dried basil or 1 teaspoon fresh, chopped
1/2 tablespoon chopped parsley
1 teaspoon dried oregano
garlic, salt, and pepper
- Peel and thinly slice eggplant.
- In a shallow bowl, beat eggs and add a splash of milk
- Place in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- (I cover my baking sheets with foil and give them a light spritzing spray with vegetable oil and this makes for an easier cleanup process.) I set this up to be sort of an assembly line process like this:
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for 5 minutes per side, flipping the eggplant with a spatula half-way through.
- In a 2 quart casserole baking dish, spread spaghetti sauce to cover the bottom of the dish.
- Place a layer of baked eggplant slices in the sauce.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. (I usually sprinkle with garlic, salt, and pepper at this stage, too.) Repeat layers, ending with cheese.
- Sprinkle basil, oregano, and parsley on top.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree F oven for 35 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.