1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
1/2 cup powdered sugar, sifted
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cream butter, vanilla and 1/4 powdered sugar together in your handy, dandy, fancy schmancy new mixer using the whisk attachment.
- Change to the beater attachment on the mixer.
- Add flour a half-cup at a time, blending well with each addition.
- Add cinnamon with second flour addition.
- Stir in chopped pecans.
- Dough will form into a large ball, wrap in clear wrap, and chill for a couple of hours.
- Make some Chocolate Oatmeal cookies while you wait for the dough to chill and have Angela drop half of them onto the wax paper when she gets antsy and starts playing around too much.
- Take chilled dough out of the fridge and shape dough into one-inch-balls - caution your friend Angela that one-inch is rather small - not the size of a baseball!
- Place cookie dough balls onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 9-11 minutes. Do not count on your friend Angela to keep up with the time because she will forget.
- Remove cookies from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- While still warm, roll cookies in powdered sugar and cool completely on a wire rack or waxed paper.
- You may want to roll the cooled cookies in powdered sugar as well. We did not. We just wanted to eat them!