1 can kernel corn
1 can Rotel tomatoes and chili peppers
1 can black beans
1 can black-eyed peas
1 small onion, diced (red onion adds color)
1 small bell pepper, diced
1/4 cup chopped, fresh cilantro (or about half that amount of dried cilantro)
1 garlic clove, minced (or about a half-Tablespoon of dried minced garlic)
2 Tablespoons lime juice
1/2 bottle of Italian salad dressing
1 teaspoon seasoning salt
salt and pepper to taste
- Drain liquid out of corn, peas, and beans.
- In a large bowl, dump corn, tomatoes, beans, peas, onion, and pepper.
Don't all those colors and textures already look yummy?
- Add cilantro, and garlic and gently stir to blend well.
- Pour in lime juice, salad dressing, and sprinkle seasoning salt on top and give it all a quick stir.
- Add salt and pepper, if needed.
- Chill at least a couple of hours or over night for the best melding of flavors imaginable.
- Serve in a pretty glass bowl to show off all those bright and cheerful ingredients like any good southern woman would.
This also makes a great spread when food processed!