6 (4-oz) minute/Swiss steaks (1 1/2 pounds
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 large egg
1 sleeve wheat saltine crackers
- Crush saltine crackers. (I use the Pampered Chef food chopper to do this.)
- Sprinkle steaks with seasoning of choice (I use a Cajun seasoning and Paula Deen's House Seasoning).
- Pour enough vegetable oil in bottom of skillet to just cover the bottom (about 1/4 inch deep) and set heat to medium-high.
- Dredge steaks in flour, dip in egg, dredge in crushed crackers.
- Cook steaks in skillet 3-4 minutes on each side until breading is golden - turning twice.
- Transfer steaks to a wire in a jelly-roll pan and keep warm in oven while making your gravy.
- Serve by topping with a cream gravy.