1 cup butter
2 1/4 cups brown sugar
2 cups sifted, plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch of salt
1 cup chopped pecans
- Heat butter and brown sugar on low heat in a saucepan.
- When a thick liquid forms, remove from heat and add other ingredients in order listed.
- Put in a 9"x13" baking dish that has been greased and floured.
- Bake for thirty minutes at 300 degrees.
- Cut and roll in powdered sugar while still hot. (Obviously, this step is optional and you can just wait till they cool and cut them into squares and sprinkle with powdered sugar!)
As Mama's recipe accurately states, "This is quick and easy and very good!"