1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 15 squares)
2 tablespoons sugar
4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix cracker crumbs, sugar and butter.
- Press in bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake 10 minutes and cool.
Yum! Golden, buttery deliciousness.Cake:
3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 300 degrees.
- Beat cream cheese in a large mixing bowl.
- Add 1 cup sugar gradually, beating until fluffy.
- Add lemon peel and vanilla.
- Beat in one egg at a time.
- Pour over crumb crust and bake exactly 50 minutes.
- Bake 20 minutes more.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours but no longer than 10 days.
- Loosen edge of cheesecake with knife before removing side of pan.
- Arrange 1 cup sliced strawberries on cheesecake.
- Heat 2/3 cup strawberry jelly and 1 teaspoon lemon juice, stirring constantly until jelly is melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes.
- Pour over strawberries just before stirring.