Saturday, June 30, 2012

Pasta Salad


Ingredients:
2 bags of four cheese tortellini
1 bag of bowtie pasta
1 can of niblet corn
1 can sliced black olives
1 cup chopped tomatoes
1 jar of artichoke hearts, drained
1 can of asparagus, drained and chopped
1 jar of roasted red peppers, rinsed and drained
2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
2 green onions, chopped
Italian salad dressing

  • Boil, rinse, and drain pastas.
  • Add other ingredients except for dressing and toss gently to mix.
  • Pour enough salad dressing to suit your taste and toss gently.  I use about a cup of the dressing.
  • Chill for an hour or so and serve cold.

This recipe is one I got from my sister, Brenda and her daughters, Megan, Rebecca, and Madalyn.  I don't know who of them first prepared this for one of our family gatherings but I can tell you that I absolutely love it and have had hoards of complements every time I have taken it to a pot luck.  Mike's son and daughter-in-law always have a bash celebrating The Fourth.  Since it has been beyond sultry and closer to hot-as-Hades this week, I mixed this up to take to the bash.  It makes quite a big large huge gigantor quantity, so you will want to make it when you know there will be a crowd!

Note:  I have left out ingredients at times when the cupboard was not fully stocked by the household grocery shopper (me) and in the salad pictured I had no olives or asparagus.  So, this salad wasn't quite as yummy as it could have been but it was gobbled up and ooohs and aahhs abounded just the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment