4 Tablespoons cake flour (I have used plain flour but it is not quite as tasty)
4 Tablespoons sugar
2 Tablespoons cocoa
3 Tablespoons milk
3 Tablespoons oil
3 Tablespoons chocolate chips (optional - but why wouldn't you add them?)
a small splash of vanilla
1 large coffee mug
- Spray the inside of a microwave safe mug with vegetable spray.
- Add dry ingredients to the mug and mix well. (I often will also mix this in a small mixing bowl and then pour into the mug when I don't mind washing two dishes.)
- Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
- Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.
- Add the chocolate chips and vanilla and mix again.
- Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts. The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!
- Allow to cool a little.
- Tip out onto a plate if desired. (I prefer to just eat mine out of the mug!)