3 large sweet potatoes
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 stick butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 stick butter, melted
1 cup chopped pecans
- Wash sweet potatoes and dry with a paper towel.
- Place in a large crock with an inch of water and bake. (I baked mine for 22 minutes in the microwave.)
- Allow to cool slightly and slip skin off the potato.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together softened butter, brown sugar, and salt.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat well.
- Add vanilla and milk and mix.
- Drop in potatoes one at a time and blend well.
- Spread mixture into casserole dish.
For the Topping:
- Stir together 1 cup brown sugar and flour.
- Add melted butter and mix well.
- Stir in pecans.
- Sprinkle topping over half of sweet potato mixture, slightly pressing into potatoes.
- Sprinkle mini marshmallows over other half of sweet potato mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Serve bubbly and warm.
Mike likes the sticky, sweet crust of the marshmallows on top. I like the crunch of the brown sugar and pecans. So, I prepare half and half for our divided household. While we were eating our recent Thanksgiving Feast, I mentioned that we must truly be a house divided because about half of each side was missing from the dish. Bryan confessed that he had eaten some of both! Loyalty!