3 cups rolled oats
3-4 Tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
1/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
1/3 cup honey
1/2 cup slivered almonds
- Generously grease a sheet pan with butter and preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together oats, sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a small bowl, mix together oil, honey, and vanilla. (I generally just stir this all together in a measuring cup.)
- Pour wet ingredients atop dry ingredients and stir together well.
- Spread mixture into sheet pan and sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake for about five-to-ten minutes and stir.
- Bake for another fifteen-to-twenty minutes. (I usually break this up and stir it a second time.)
- Cool for at least twenty minutes in pan that is setting on a wire rack and stir another time or two. (Granola will harden as it cools.)
- Store in a mason jar. (Will keep for a couple of weeks.)
Yield: about 1 1/2 Quarts