Saturday, December 31, 2011

Spinach Artichoke Dip

This recipe is one of Mike's family's favorites.  The recipe was contributed by my Mike's mother, Carrie Ozburn, and published in Recipes and Memories of Nolensville, a cookbook compiled and sold as a fundraiser by the Nolensville Historical Society. 

2 pkg. frozen chopped spinach
2 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese
1 can artichoke hearts (chopped)
1 cup Parmesan cheese
1 cup mayonnaise
Garlic powder, to taste
  • Place spinach and cream cheese in a large bowl and microwave on high till cheese melts.
  • Add remaining ingredients when spinach mix has cooled.
The first time I made this recipe I had forgotten to check the recipe for ingredients before I went to the store.  So, while standing in the aisle of the grocery store, I called Stephen, Mike's son, because I knew he had prepared the dip before.  He called off the ingredients precisely and my attempt at this family favorite dip was a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment