Saturday, July 1, 2017

Breakfast Muffins


Ingredients:
1 pound ground, loose, fresh sausage
10 farm-fresh eggs
2 cups grated cheese
1 cup biscuit mix
salt and pepper to taste

Instructions:

  • Crumble the sausage into a skillet and brown evenly.
Fresh sausage made by my husband

  • Beat eggs together in a large mixing bowl and sprinkle in spices.
Farm-fresh eggs gathered by my bonus son, Stephen

  • Stir in biscuit mix.
One little sneeze and the entire kitchen would be dusted with this stuff.

  • Add browned sausage.
  • Fold in grated cheese. (I use a mixture of cheddar and Colby cheeses.)
Isn't this one big pile of yummy-ness?

  • At this point I use a half-cup scoop to dip the batter into my muffin tins.
  • Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
Yield: 18 muffins

A plate full of savory deliciousness

These muffins were inspired by a recipe and gift of a similar muffin recipe given to us by Mike's friend Big Willie D.  The keep in the fridge for a week or so and even freeze well for use later.

baked in a teacup

I have made this recipe and put about a scoop-and-a-half of the batter in a tea cup.  The bake time is 3-5 minutes longer.  They are a perfect size to pair with some fruit or a small yogurt parfait for a brunch.

Brunch Size

I have also been known to make this recipe by substituting a cup of cubed ham for the sausage.  I'd bet it would be good with a combination of sausage, ham, and bacon, too!


No comments:

Post a Comment