1 pound ground, loose, fresh sausage
10 farm-fresh eggs
2 cups grated cheese
1 cup biscuit mix
salt and pepper to taste
- Crumble the sausage into a skillet and brown evenly.
Fresh sausage made by my husband
- Beat eggs together in a large mixing bowl and sprinkle in spices.
Farm-fresh eggs gathered by my bonus son, Stephen
- Stir in biscuit mix.
One little sneeze and the entire kitchen would be dusted with this stuff.
- Add browned sausage.
- Fold in grated cheese. (I use a mixture of cheddar and Colby cheeses.)
Isn't this one big pile of yummy-ness?
- At this point I use a half-cup scoop to dip the batter into my muffin tins.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
Yield: 18 muffins
A plate full of savory deliciousness
These muffins were inspired by a recipe and gift of a similar muffin recipe given to us by Mike's friend Big Willie D. The keep in the fridge for a week or so and even freeze well for use later.
baked in a teacup
I have made this recipe and put about a scoop-and-a-half of the batter in a tea cup. The bake time is 3-5 minutes longer. They are a perfect size to pair with some fruit or a small yogurt parfait for a brunch.
I have also been known to make this recipe by substituting a cup of cubed ham for the sausage. I'd bet it would be good with a combination of sausage, ham, and bacon, too!