1 box chocolate cake mix
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup strong, brewed coffee
1 stick butter
Y'all, I was so excited to be making this yummy cake that I forgot to take a photo of the assembled ingredients but here is a mish-mash collage of most of what was used.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine eggs, oil, and coffee and beat in cake mix.
- Pour half of batter into a 13" x 9" pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- While this is baking, melt butter and caramels.
Don't these look beautiful resting on that pretty little saucer? Mike helped me to unwrap these little nuggets of wonderfulness and I think that helped him to appreciate the deliciousness of the cake!
I do this melting in the microwave by zapping on high for a minute and stirring. Then, zap again in thirty second intervals till all is melted and creamy and beautiful.
- Add condensed milk to the melted butter/caramel mixture and stir till blended and smooth and creamy and luscious.
- Pour half this mixture over the baked half of the cake.
- Sprinkle with half of chocolate chips and half of pecans.
After the caramels looked so pretty on this saucer, I decided I'd have to get a shot of the morsels of wonderfulness on it too! Isn't this a beautiful sight?
- To add another layer of yummyness, pour remaining cake batter on top and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove cake from oven and pour remaining caramel mix on top of warm cake.
- Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips and pecans.
This cake is divine served warm from the oven! (Mainly because it looks so beautiful and tasty that I cannot wait to give it a taste.) It is a little slice of heaven no matter when it is served, though.